Sex : Male
Date of Birth : 29th-June-1980
Nationality : INDIAN
Marital : Married
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Department : Zoology
Position Title : Assistant Professor
Specilization : Zoology
Gour Mahavidyalaya , Malda – 732142 (WB)
|Institution And Location||Degree||Year||Field Of Study|
|Siksha Bhavana, Visva Bharati||2011||Cell biology & Toxicology|
|Siksha Bhavana, Visva Bharati||2004||Zoology|
|Siksha Bhavana, Visva Bharati||B.sc||2002||Zoology, Life Science|
|Uttar Siksha Sadan, Visva Bharati||Pre Degree||1998|
|Patha Bhavana, Visva Bharati||School||1994|
- Awarded DST Fast Track Young Scientist, DST , Govt of India (Total grant 41 lakhs)
- Awarded DS Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship by UGC, Govt of India.
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship b y CSIR , Govt of India .
- University UGC fellowship by UGC, Govt of India.
- Postdoctoral fellowship at Georgetown University , U S A
- Travel assistance from DST , Govt of India to attend “ Third International
Congress on Arsenic in Geosphere and Human Diseases” at University of Tainan, Tainan,
- Awarded Scholarship from the organizers of “Third International Congress
on Arsenic in Geosphere and Human Diseases” at University of Tainan, Tainan, Taiwan 2010.
- Fetuin-A downregulates adiponectin through Wnt-PPARγ pathway in lipid induced inflamed adipocyte
S Agarwal, M Chattopadhyay, S Mukherjee, S Dasgupta, …
Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Molecular Basis of Disease 1863 (1), 174-181
- Mahanine restores RASSF1A expression by down-regulating DNMT1 and DNMT3B in prostate cancer cells
S Agarwal, KS Amin, S Jagadeesh, G Baishay, PG Rao, NC Barua, S Bhattacharya …
Molecular cancer, 2013;12 (1), 99
- Low concentration of mercury induces autophagic cell death in rat hepatocytes.
Chatterjee S, Ray A, Mukherjee S, Agarwal S, Kundu R, Bhattacharya S.
Toxicology and Industrial Health 2014;30(7):611-20.
- Short term oxidative stress responses in Cyphoderus javanus borner (Collembola), as biomarkers of heavy metal pollution in lateritic soil
Sahana A, Agarwal S, Bhattacharya S, Joy VC
Pollution Research, 2014; 33(4):769-774
- Fluoride-induced histopathology and synthesis of stress protein in liver and kidney of mice.
Chattopadhay A, Podder S, Agarwal S, Bhattacharya S
Arch Toxicol 2011; 85: 327-335
- Induction of oxidative stress by non-lethal dose of mercury in rat liver: Possible relationships between apoptosis and necrosis.
Patnaik B, Ray A, Agarwal S, Bhattacharya S.
Journal of Environmental Biology. 2010; 31: 413-416
- Arsenic trioxide and lead acetate induce apoptosis in adult rat hepatic stem cells.
Agarwal S, Roy S, Ray A, Mazumdar S, Bhattacharya S.
Cell Biol. Toxicol. 2009; 25: 403-413
- In vivo and vitro Expressions of Arsenic Toxicity in Rat Liver.
Bhattacharya S, Chatterjee S, Ray A, Agarwal S.
Perspectives in Cytology and Genetics 2009; 14: 61-70
- As2O3 toxicity in rat hepatocytes: manifestation of caspase mediated apoptosis.
Ray A, Roy S, Agarwal S, Bhattacharya S.
Toxicology and Industrial Health 2008; 24: 643-653
- Mollusc C-reactive protein crosses species barrier and reverses hepatotoxicity of lead in rodent models.
Mukherjee S, Chatterjee S, Sarkar S, Agarwal S, Kundu R, Maitra S, Bhattacharya S
Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 2013; 51: 623-634
Chapter in books :
- Apoptosis: a global biomarker of toxic exposure
Bhattacharya S, Ray A, Agarwal S
Earth System Sciences: Feliciation Volumes in Honor of Prof V.K Verma
Editors:- Arun Kumar, R.S. Kushwaha and Baleshwar Thakur
- Map-Kinase Dependent Caspase mediated Cell Death in Arsenic Treated Hepatic Stem Cells.
Agarwal S, Roy S, Ray A, Bhattacharya S. Arsenic in Geosphere and Human Diseases,
Eds. Jean Jiin –Shun, Bundschun J, Bhattacharya P.
CRC Press Taylor and Francis group. Balkema. Ak Leiden, The Netherlands
Print ISBN: 978-0-415-57898-1
eBook ISBN: 978-0-203-84531-8
Invited Lecture :
Mahanine regulates cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in prostate cancer cells via hippo
Two days’ Workshop cum National Seminar on “Trends in modern biology: Techniques and applications” at Visva Bharati, Santiniketan, India23rd and 24th of March, 2019
Oral Presentation :
Map-Kinase Dependent Caspase mediated Cell Death in Arsenic Treated Hepatic Stem Cells.
Third International Congress on Arsenic in Geosphere and Human Diseases at University of
Tainan, Tainan, Taiwan 2010.
Lead acetate induced apoptotic signals in adult hepatic stem cells (oval cells) in rat.
Symposium on Functional Biodiversity and Eco-physiology of Animals at Banaras Hindu
University, Varanasi, India 2009.
Combat against, A peril of industrialization: Fly Ash
4th International Seminar on “Population, Urbanization and Environment : Contemporary Issues and Challenges”, University of Gour Banga, Malda, India, 2018
Poster Presentation :
High Level of L-Thyroxine may lead to Progressive Liver damage including Apoptosis in Rat Hepatocytes
The 6th Congress of the Asia and Oceania Society for Comparative Endocrinology (AOSCE)
“Hormone Biotechnology and Molecular Signalling” at University of North Bengal 2007
Cytoprotective role of C-reactive protein isolated from Achatina fulica (Bowdich)
Symposium on recent Trends in Cellular & Molecular Signalling at Shankarpur 2011
National Workshop on Interaction of Ionizing Radiation with Biological Systems. At Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan, 2010.
Fogarty International Workshop on Molecular Epidemiology, Environmental Health and Arsenic Exposure Assessment. At Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata 2009.