Professional Profiles : Over 23 + years of experience providing exceptional care to students.
Teaching experience : 13 years+
Research area : Gender issues and Social History.
Teaching area : Ancient Indian History, Medieval India, Modern Europe.
Specilization : Areas of Research Interest : Political History, Social History, Disease and Medicine.
- Smt. Supriya Biswas, Assistant Professor in History,has( Jointly )published a paper “ Present Status of Organic Farming in the Northern Part of West Bengal” in Conservation and Sustainable Development,Issues and Approach,Edited by P.Jha, Volume.-1,New Academic Publishers, New Delhi, ISBN.978-81-86772-75- 1,2015.
- Smt. Biswas has( jointly) published a paper entitled Breaking of Ganga Embankment and Its effects in Human Life-A Case Study on Sakurallapur Village, Kaliachak,11, Malda, West Bengal” in Biodiversity and Sustainability: Opportunities and Challenges, Edited by Das Biswas,published by RaiganjaSurendranathMahavidyalaya, ISBN.978-93-5254-104-1,2015.
- Smt. Biswas has jointly Published a paper entitled “ The Environmental Outlook and Its Management of RaiganjKulik Bird Sanctuary , Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal”,in Biodiversity and Sustainability: Opportunities and Challenges , Edited by Das Biswas.R,Published by RaiganjaSurendranathMahavidyalaya, ISBN.978-93- 5254-104-1,2015;
- .Smt.Biswas has published a paper entitled”UttarparaHitakariSabha and Its Role for progress of Women Education of Colonial Bengal” in Journal of People’s History and Culture, Volume.-1,No.2, JuneDecember,2015,ISSN.2395-7379.
- Smt. Biswas jointly published a paper entiltled” A Study of the Socio-Economic and Health Conditions of Women Bidi Workers of DakshinDinajpur District, West Bengal” in Women Empowerment : Miles to Go, Edited by Basu.J and Jana.M, Radiance, Kolkata, August,ISBN.9789381037423,2015.
- .Smt Supirya Biswas, Assistant Professor in History, has attended and presented a paper entitled”Women in Freedom Movement of India:A Case Study of North Bengal” in anInternational seminar on” Exploring South Asia: Cuture , Religion and Society” organised by the Department of History, University of Gour Banga,held on8-9- March,2017.
- .Smt Supriya Biswas,Assistant Professor in History, has attended and presented a paper entitled”Gender Consciousness: A Study on the role of contemporary periodicals in Colonial Bengal” in the International seminar on “Challenges to Indian Polity:Concepts and Issues” organized by the Department of Political Science,University of Gour Banga,held on 20.7.2017 and 21.7.2017.
- Dr. Biswas has published an article inUGC approved Journal Volume- 111, Issue-10, October,2018,e-ISSN- 2455-30858.( .impact factor-4.184) (b). UGC approved Journal No.44945, Volume-111, Issue-11, November,2018,e-ISSN-2455- 3085(impact factor-5.214.)
- (1)..Dr Supriya Biswas, Assistant Professor in History, has published the paper entitled “Evils of Child Marriage, Gender Consciousness and Social Reform Movement in Colonial Bengal” in Research Review Journal, UGC approved Journal No.44945, Volume-111, Issue-11, November,2018,e-ISSN-2455- 30858( impact factor-5.214).
- Dr. Supriya Biswas, Assistant Professor in History, has published the paper entitled” Dwarakanath Ganguly-A Study on His Role Women Emancipation in Colonial Bengal” in Research Review Journal, UGC approved Journal Volume- 111, Issue-10, October,2018,e-ISSN-2455-30858( impact factor-4.184).
- Dr. Supriya Biswas, Assistant Professor in History, has presented a paper entitled “Family and Marriage System of Some Tribal Community in India” in the 4th International Seminar on” Exploring the History of the Adivasis,Dalits and Minorities in India”, organized by the Department of History, University of Gour Banga, held on 26.4.2019.
- Refresher Programme:2 Orientation Programme:
- Member of IQAC,Academic Calendar Committee and Bishakha Committee.
- Dr.S.Biswas has been serving as Appellate officer as per rules and regulations of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal and resolution of the Governing Body of Gour Mahavidyalaya.